- LSD is not typically smoked, as it is most often taken orally or absorbed under the tongue.
- Acid comes in many forms and can be dangerous if abused.
- There are advantages and disadvantages to different methods of ingestion for LSD.
If you’ve ever looked into the world of tripping and psychoactive substances, there’s no doubt that one of the first questions to come up is: can you smoke LSD? It sounds like an absurd query.
But believe it or not, as crazy as this may seem, smoking LSD is a thing. While maybe not be the most convenient way to take your dose, some people find that inhaling vaporized LSD crystals produces effects more quickly than traditional methods.
This guide will discuss the ins and outs of smoking LSD, including what it is, how to do it safely, and its advantages and disadvantages.
LSD: Definition And Description
LSD, or Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, is one of the most POWERFUL semi-synthetic psychedelic drugs. It was first synthesized in 1938 by Swiss chemist Albert Hofmann .
However, during the 1950s and 1960s, its recreational use increased dramatically due to its intense HALLUCINOGENIC effects.
LSD is most commonly found as a clear or white odorless powder that can be added to food or ingested orally, but it can also come in pill form.
When taken, it produces feelings of euphoria, altered thinking processes, enhanced sensory perception, visual distortions, increased blood pressure, body temperature and intense emotions.
Depending on the dose size, the effects typically last between 8-12 hours. LSD is a Schedule I drug in the United States, meaning it’s HIGHLY illegal to possess or distribute.
That said, due to its prevalence in some areas and its increasing popularity among certain groups of people (like music festival goers), LSD remains relatively accessible despite its legal status.
Different Ways Of Taking Acid
When it comes to taking LSD, there are several different ways you can consume the drug. This depends on the user’s preference, the form of LSD they have access to, and how long they want the effects to last.
The most common way to take acid is by ingesting it ORALLY, directly swallowing a tab or mixing it with food or a drink. This method takes around 30 minutes to start feeling the effects, and they can last up to 12 hours.
Letting It Dissolve
The second most common way is to let the LSD dissolve under your TONGUE (sublingually).
This means the effects are felt much quicker, usually within 15 minutes. The trip may also be slightly more intense and generally lasts around 6-8 hours.
The third way to take LSD is by snorting it, which has become increasingly popular in recent years.
This method takes 5-15 minutes to feel the effects and can last up to 12 hours. However, this method is the most UNCOMMON as snorting drugs can harm the nasal passages.
The fourth and, by far, the LEAST popular method of taking LSD is by injecting it. As with snorting, this method also carries serious risks due to the potential for drug contamination.
Injecting LSD takes around 5 minutes to feel the effects and can last up to 12 hours.
Users do this by diluting the drug in a solution, such as saline or distilled water, and injecting it into the bloodstream through a needle.
Finally, there’s the method of smoking LSD. This is done by heating a small amount of acid and inhaling it like marijuana. The effects are usually felt within 5-10 minutes and can last for several hours, depending on the size of your dose.
One way to do this is to vaporize LSD by placing a small crystal on top of a piece of aluminum foil and heating it from underneath with a lighter. This will cause the acid to VAPORIZE, allowing you to inhale the smoke.
Another effective way is to smoke an acid-dipped cigarette. To do this, dip your cigarette or joint into a solution of LSD.
This will cause the drug to ABSORB into the paper, and when you smoke acid-dipped cigarettes, the effects should be felt within minutes.
In addition, people also mix LSD with other substances when smoking, such as marijuana or tobacco. However, this can be extremely dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.
Pros And Cons Of Smoking LSD
As with any other drugs, smoking LSD comes with various potential risks and benefits.
LSD users must be aware of the possible consequences and take precautions to avoid drug abuse. Here are some of the pros and cons of smoking LSD.
- Smoking LSD can allow the user to experience its effects faster than other methods, as it is quickly absorbed through the lungs.
- It also may produce a more intense trip and a shorter duration of effects. This can be beneficial if users want an abbreviated psychedelic journey without waiting hours for the effects to wear off.
- Smoking LSD is also convenient, as all that’s needed to do it is a lighter and some form of the drug.
- Unlike other psychoactive substances, LSD does not cause a risk of addiction.
- Since smoking LSD exposes your lungs to heat, this may cause inflammation and irritation, leading to long-term respiratory damage .
- It may also be difficult to gauge the dose when smoking accurately. Additionally, if you smoke too much LSD, it could be overwhelming and cause an unpleasant experience or even a bad trip.
- Smoking LSD is also illegal and carries potential legal risks and social stigma.
Pro Tip: Before indulging in any LSD use, familiarize yourself with your area’s laws and regulations.
Inhaling Vs Eating LSD
The main difference between eating and smoking LSD is the onset rate, the effects’ intensity, and the duration of the experience. Let’s break this down further:
Regarding the onset rate, ingesting LSD takes LONGER to feel effects compared to smoking it. Eating acid typically takes around 30 minutes before the user starts feeling the results, while smoking takes only 5-10 minutes.
The intensity of an LSD trip can vary depending on the method used for the ingestion of the psychedelic drug. Swallowing usually produces less intense effects than smoking due to a slower absorption rate and lower bioavailability.
Smoking results in FASTER absorption and more intense experiences as more of the drug can enter the bloodstream directly through your lungs.
The duration of an acid trip is also affected by the method used for INGESTION. Swallowing can result in more prolonged effects, lasting up to 12 hours, while smoking typically produces a more abbreviated experience that lasts 6-8 hours.
Additionally, the duration of your acid trip will depend on factors such as your body weight and tolerance.
Pro Tip: Start with a light dose and take it slow — there’s no need to rush the experience.
Best Place to Buy LSD Online in Canada
If you’re looking for a reliable source to buy LSD online in Canada, a few reputable vendors offer safe and secure transactions.
When shopping around, check the vendor’s reviews, read up on their policies, and look out for any red flags before making your purchase.
Be sure to follow all laws and regulations related to the use of LSD in your area. These precautions will ensure an enjoyable experience while protecting yourself from potential harm.
Smoking LSD can lead to a more intense and shorter psychedelic experience than other methods of ingestion. There are pros and cons involved when it comes to smoking this drug, so users should be aware before trying it out.
Additionally, being familiar with your area’s laws and regulations is important to stay safe. If you buy LSD online in Canada, purchase from a reputable vendor that offers secure transactions.
You can enjoy your trip while staying safe with the right precautions and knowledge you can find in this article!
- Albert Hofmann | Swiss chemist | Britannica. In: Encyclopædia Britannica. ; 2023. Accessed January 5, 2023. https://www.britannica.com/biography/Albert-Hofmann
- Gorguner M, Akgun M. Acute Inhalation Injury. The Eurasian Journal of Medicine. 2010;42(1):28-35. doi:10.5152/eajm.2010.09
- Admin, T. D. H. (2020, July 24). 10 Sober Celebrity Quotes to Inspire Your Recovery. The Discovery House Los Angeles CA. Available at: https://www.thediscoveryhouse.com/10-sober-celebrity-quotes-inspire-recovery/